Saturday, June 2, 2007

Peace

A man told me a story last week and I thought it was really good, it's about what the word "peace" means.
He says that a group of students were asked to draw a picture that explained what "peace" meant to them, or to draw what they see when they think of "peace".
One child drew a river that flowed calmly and was bright blue, and he drew a picture of himself laying next to his river.
One child drew a garden with hundreds of beautiful flowers all around.
And one drew a waterfall. In this waterfall there was a tree that grew up from the bottom and rose all the way above all of the splashing, and on top of this tree, the child drew a bird that sat on the top, right in the middle of the waterfall on the tree.
Anyways, the man that told me this story explained that the picture with the waterfall was like peace in Uganda. He says that amongt all the chaos, people find peace. They find their own way to rise above any of the crazy things that might be happening around them, and they find peace. I think this idea is a good way to look at life in general really anywhere you are in the world. No matter where you go, there will always be chaos, and it's up to you to find your own peace all within yourself to rise above, and then there you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my lovely daughter ! Yo Kreeda Yo !! It's 6:30am here in Trevose, Pa. where I'm doing New Business for CSC Ha ! Just getting started on my last day of travel... took some time to look at your blog spot which I haven't been to forever it seems... I love it and all it information... This is GREAT ! You are the best ! REPRESENT GIRL !!! :-)) I love you to the moon and stars and back again.... Dad !

Sarah Mays said...

He says that amongt all the chaos, people find peace. They find their own way to rise above any of the crazy things that might be happening around them, and they find peace. I think this idea is a good way to look at life in general really anywhere you are in the world. No matter where you go, there will always be chaos, and it's up to you to find your own peace all within yourself to rise above, and then there you are.

Hi, Kristy! I love this message. It reminds me so much of teaching the inner city little ones art in Richmond City. I am really proud of you, as being one of my former student teachers. You are an inspiring young lady and making a difference in this world. BTW, after I post this, I am sending out your cards from the students. I am sorry it has taken me so long, but they should be arriving soon. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Kristy!! Hey darlin' I know it's been so long and Erin keeps filling me in on how you are doing there but I just wanted to drop you a line myself and tell you that I am thinking about you. I loved your blog about peace...its so true and can really make you stop and think. I found myself jealous of where you are and the experiences you are having after reading your latest blogs....I can't wait to hear about it all in person when you get back....we miss you tons and the fan nightlife just isnt the same without you!! haha I love you and your creative soul Kristy!! Be careful...hurry back!!!

Alex said...

kristy, you haven't updated in so long... where are you?? hope everything is great. love!