Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Coke makes my eyes water

I was coming to Kampala this weekend because an old cavity of mine was messed up. The dentist left a gap between the filling and the tooth, so I couldn't eat on my left side. The dentist had to drill out 2 old fillings completely and then re-fill them, lovely. I don't usually like the dentist anyways, so it really wasn't fun, but it was nice coming to Kampala.

So, I think that I need to stop drinking soda or something. Coke makes my eyes water anyways, which I always think is weird.



Visitor's book:

Lately I have had the opportunity to visit a lot of the schools in my outreach area, and the visitor's book is this book you have to sign as soon as you get to a school. It is kind of a funny thing, because when you sign it, you really have to, and it is really, really important that you do. I know it's important because it is the very first thing I do at every school I reach. This one school I was at, there was a man who arrived late, but had to make a speech. As he is in the middle of his speech a man comes up and places the visitor book in front of him to sign... yes, it's really important as you can see.

Bee's in my pit latrine:
I have these weird blueish/black bees in my pit latrine. It is very scary because now every time I go, I get freaked out a bee will fly up and eww... I don't like the situation. I think I will have to smoke them out or something, but I don't know how to do that, so I guess eventually I will have to ask a neighbor to help me. Wish me luck.

No comments: