Thursday, October 4, 2007

B-dubs

My dad says he is going to Buffalo Wild Wings this weekend, and man, I miss that place.
I was thinking death was such a sad subject, i better spice this blog up with some happiness, so B-dubs makes me happy, there we go.

Death is this crazy thing here. It comes and goes like the wind. Every time I turn around, it's there, right in your face. Right there, always.
Here they tell me that when you die, you don't really die, but you live on. You live on through other people.
This morning I was supposed to go visit a school, but my counterpart messaged me saying he couldn't come because his niece had just died. Like today I'm starting to become not as surprised, but sometimes it just hits me differently. Today, it made me sad.
Just yesturday, a P.7 girl at my school asked me why there is so much death here? She told me she hears that it's not as much or as often in other places. I told her that death is everywhere and sometimes we have no control, but that other times it was based on knowledge and how to take care of yourself through washing your hands, sleeping under a mosquito net, etc.
Death really is this crazy thing here, and sometimes it is overwhelmingly present. I wish sometimes I could play God and stop it just for a moment, at least when the children are taken away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please bring Denis home to me for Christmas? I love him!!! Sorry about all the death there. Please stay alive! I love you so much!!!!
AK

Anonymous said...

I'll settle for you coming home... leave Denis there :-D
Hee....
Dad

Anonymous said...

Bring Denis.
~AK

Anonymous said...

Nothing interesting to say. Just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading about your escapades in my country.

Anonymous said...

Ok.. CHECK IT OUT.... I have to make this remark for others who read your blog... when I saw the name Denis, little did I know it was the beautiful child from the pictures you had posted ! You had told me of this medical student you had met somewhere in Uganda and I thought that was Denis !! Thus,.. don't bring Denis home !! Now, in retrospect,.. bring Denis home for sure ! We can get him some new teeth too if they don't grow in soon !!
I love you Kreeeda,
Dad