Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy delayed Thanksgiving
I was away from home for the first time, so I came to visit my friends Leira and Eric, and we had a nice dinner, and before we ate we said all the things we were thankful for... it was really nice.
We actually celebrated 2 days, and the second day we slaughtered a turkey. My friend cut the head off, but the little 5-10 year old boys that were standing around really helped us the most. It's funny how they knew exactly what they were doing, every step of the way. They helped us kill, pluck, and remove and cut up all the insides. Once again I'm thinking, man these kids are awesome. They are so smart. Really, if they were left on their own, they could grow their own food, prepar it, kill and eat their own meat, make just about anything and really survive completely on their own...it's pretty amazing.

I know Thanksgiving is now over, but really we can give thanks any time. My Mom is this amazing person and her Thanksgiving email to me reminded me of everything I have and everything we should all be thankful for. She says I can post parts of her email, so here goes, :

"well, I hope you have a good Thanksgiving...remember, Thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have and where you are...so you can always celebrate that holiday...Especially where you are. You can just look around and have a million reasons to be thankful...share your gratitude by giving to someone else..You have so much to give...the neat thing about love is that the more you give it away, the more you have..it is endless and abundant...what a perfect thing...you are full of love. I love you more than all the turkeys that will be eaten tomorrow...now that's a lot."
Love,
Mom

No comments: