Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ain't no pizza parties in Uganda...we have goat slaughtering parties, woo, yee hawww. (credit to AK, my beautiful sister for this one)

Today is a beautiful day in Uganda and I just thought I would post another blog to follow up on the athletics competitions...
Yesterday there were inter-school competitions where the girls divided into different countries (teams) and raced each other. The team that won got a prize of a goat. The goat was black and lovely and when it came time to announce the winning team, I got to hand over the goat to the winning team. The kids were going crazy! People were yelling, hooting and hollering, smiling and laughing... it was so much fun! The goat I think knew it was on its death bed though... as I tried to pull him over with the rope he didn't seem to want to come so much. Once I finally handed him over to the winning team the kids went nuts! They started singing and they took the goat and started running all over the place with it chanting and singing their victory song. They didn't sing "we are the champions" by Queen, like my Mom likes to do sometimes, but they sang their own song... it was fun!

I am having a great day and I must say thanks to Mom and AK for sending me the Tao Te Ching... I am loving it and feeling the Tao already! woo hoo!

Also, thanks to AK and Erin, I got your packages, holy crap, Thanks sooo much! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this blog, but it came at the perfect time for me today. I heard your voice when I read it, and I laughed out loud. I LOVE you so much. Your excitement about the Tao is encouraging me to get back to that special place (thanks buddy, cause I need it today) I wish we could hug.

AK

Anonymous said...

What happened???? Here is is again... I don't know how I missed this blog, but it came at the perfect time for me today. I heard your voice when I read it, and I laughed out loud. I LOVE you so much. Your excitement about the Tao is encouraging me to get back to that special place (thanks buddy, because I need it today) I wish we could hug.

AK

In the wind said...

Hi Kristy,

A friend of mine is traveling to Uganda in September and will be there for about six months. Do you have any advice for someone traveling to that area? Items to bring along? Items not to take?

Thank you!
RB