Sunday, April 15, 2007

Look up

One cool thing is how beautiful the stars can be at night here in Uganda. I will look up and there will be billions of stars shinning so bright. I honestly did not know that the stars could look different just because I was in another part of the world, but according to some of my friends, since there is no light pollution, this is why I am able to see the stars much more brightly and more vivid. It is really amazing, and I am always looking up at night.

The rooster crows at around 5:30am every morning, so that’s pretty much my make-shift alarm clock available for me to use every day of the week whether I want it or not.

Last night the rooster decided to begin crowing at 3:30 am, and I am not sure why.
One night a few weeks ago, it decided to crow at 9:30 at night, so I’m not too sure about that either. My host father and I looked at each other like, “what??”. Haha.. I don’t think he knew why either, and we both started laughing.
Yesturday, we had the chance to visit an organization called AIDCHILD. It is an organization that takes in children that have AIDS, but that are also orphans with no families. The organization gives them shelter, food, medicine, and best of all the love and care like a family. This has probably been one of the coolest most rewarding experiences I have had so far. The children danced and sang for us when we were there, and it was just amazing to see their spirits and how much excitement and life they had in them.. even after going through such hard times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing person Kristy! The other night I went to relay for life and had to stay up for an entire night to walk for cancer. I was exhausted the next day and I thought wow I am doing something good for my fellow people, but then I thought of you. My relay for life is NOTHING compared to your AIDCHILD and all the other wonderful things you are doing in Uganda! I love you and am so proud of you! Miss you tons
Ragan

Anonymous said...

I went by to visit your Mom & Dad last night. I'm sure you already know, but they are so proud of you. I'm so proud of you too. You are officially making a difference. Not just with the people you help in Uganda, but people back home as well. Thank you so much for being such a good person / cousin. :) Love you!

p.s. I heard that our cousin Ross was the biggest drunkard at Paul's wedding. hehe.

-Susan

Anonymous said...

Aw I love your new pictures and I love you!! miss you soo much my love, love the phone talks, I'm glad I get to hear your voice, sounds like your having a great time!! mwah bye love ya too the moon and stars and back again!!

Love Curly baby ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your new pictures...keep em coming!!
Wish I could see the stars from your view...it sounds absolutely beautiful.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi and I love you!!!! My little inspiration...

AK