Monday, April 9, 2007


Ants have invaded the sugar. I noticed this a few days ago for my morning tea, and thought they would go away, but they keep appearing, so now I drink hot tea with sugar and a few boiled ants. Hehe.
Saturday was a mini-vacation to the town of Jinga. We got to see the Source of the Nile, a rain forest, and a waterfall that I can’t remember the name of. I had a wonderful time, very relaxing and exciting. In Jinja, I got to drink a COLD chocolate milkshake and it was really good.
Today is Easter, and I am happy. My family is Muslim, so I think I am going to get together with a few of my friends just to hang out and relax.
I have a new name, it is Naikoote, pronounced, (Nie-coat-ay)... and it means a green sauce made from peas. woo. haha
I am going to try and post some pictures soon.. I am hoping, so we shall see… This picture at the top is a random picture I took while in Kampala... the rest on flicker.
I miss America and everything about it usually, and especially my friends a family!
Thanks for the comments, I am reading them and they make my happy!
-Kristy :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy!! I've missed you my love! I hope that you are having an awesome time. I tried to get Mary and Erin to go to Banditos last weekend but I guess I'm not as good of a convincer as you were because I could not get them to go!!!Carter says what up. We both really enjoys reading your emails, they always make me laugh. I hope you get the package that Erin, Sophia and I sent! Be safe and WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
Ashley Haley :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Kristy, I know I have sucked at keeping in touch, but all of that is about to change (hahaha)! It sounds like you are hanging in there. I LOVE reading all of the emails you have sent. I went home this weekend...and it definitely was not the same without you. I love you and miss you TONS!
Ragan

Anonymous said...

I had to delete my comment because of too many missed spelled words... I am trying again...

Nkwagala Nyo Kristy :-D
Omweezi, Emunyeenye, & okukomawo

I stole it from Dad, you know what it means, You are my HEART!!

AK

Becca said...

Naikoote (I will pronounce you Nie-cootie) b/c I like it better... bwa ha!

I love you Kreeda.... I'm sending out your care package today (finally) and I don't like that it will take a month to get to you. I will be writing in red, adding air mail and prounoncing that "In God we trust" on the package... kinda funny... but true, right? You are the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

Proud as usual my little African princess,

Bagel

Anonymous said...

kristy i must say their are so cute boys in those picture of yours!! I got your letter too thank you so much for wrting me it meant the world. I sent your really long letter on tuesday! Miss you a lot, be good.
Love, Cara